AGAIN! Stuck on centering (this time the replacement unit)

Hi there,

• I was there before and I know all the tips and tricks to try…
    (turning everything off/on; cleaning the Camera/Head; starting up with the lid open and waiting forever…)
  • wifi is strong.
  • I barely used this machine!

It did one engrave today and than it was gone…
I get no refreshed bed image and it is AGAIN stuck centering…

When I start with the lid closed the head doesen’t move at all - just the typical fan-test and some klicking.
When starting with the lid open and close it after a while it at least trys to center, but the head moves farther and farther from center.

It is so frustrating! It was such a mess with the delivery of the replacement unit (customs and delivery company)!

And just yesterday I got a urgent job to do until Friday…

I am really disapointed and discouraged. :frowning:

Hope you find some solution in the logfiles…

here is my “first run”:

It may or may not be the issue but it looks like Google is having issues again today.

What a bit and try power cycling the GF.

For lack of anything else to try you might manually center the head under the camera before you turn it on.

1 Like

This can also happen with materials that confuse the camera – all black, or reflective, or when too much light is hitting the bed.

And check to make sure the white cable to the head isn’t loose…

tried.
it’s just moving the head away…

White cable is safe ans secure.
nothing in the gf except the honeycomb. :frowning:

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. Thanks for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. I’ve extracted the logs from your unit to investigate, and it appears that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible. I’ll follow up shortly via email with next steps. Thanks again for your patience.