Another HO scale house for model trains

I got my GF at the start of the month, just as the school I work at was closing for [extended] March Break. Great timing! Inspired by cynd11 little houses [HO Scale House - sorry, I don’t seem to be able to work out include the full article quote], I decided I needed to create an HO scale version of my own house. A few measurements later… add a spreadsheet to divide by 87… and a little design time… and some watercolour illustration board [which cuts beautifully].

Thanks to everyone on the forum for being so inspirational.

60 Likes

I’m honored to have inspired such a great project! You did a fabulous job on it.

4 Likes

Both a beautiful house and a beautiful model!

2 Likes

Nice!! Now you have done the hard part, you can do it in gingerbread!

3 Likes

My sister also suggested gingerbread. :grinning: My thought was that next step is programming a raspberry pi to turn on and off lights in the different windows.

5 Likes

That works too!!

1 Like

Looks very well built!

2 Likes

That is so nice. I like how you built based on a real house.

3 Likes

This is your first thing? Ugh people are ridiculous, I gotta get my act together.

8 Likes

To be fair, though, I do teach design, work on Illustrator daily and have worked with files for Laser cutters before [student projects as well as my own]. It’s just that this is the beginnings of my own forays into using a GF at home.

11 Likes

WOW! I imagine you could earn a nice side income from creating files and/or completed models. (Think real estate agents… closing gifts.)

Really great work.

5 Likes

Nothing fair about this. Gross. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is Gorgeous! What an amazing job!! Please keep making these!

3 Likes

That is awesome :slight_smile: my coworker would go nuts over something like this. Great job on design and finishing

3 Likes

Gobsmacked I am

2 Likes

It is addictive. I don’t know if I ever uploaded mine:

house

15 Likes

no kidding. Sheesh. this place is tough on one’s self esteem. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love it!. I have already started taking measurements for a neighbour’s house. Quite addictive.

2 Likes

Awesome!