Astrological Signs on Moving Gears - Free SVG Attached

Hello! Just making this for fun. Enjoy!!

Got the signs and pictures from google, but the 12 gears mechanics are designed by me. Feel free to remove the astrology stuff and put your own stuff!

Thanks,

Nick

12%20planet%20gears%20FINAL

223 Likes

Way cool, and Thank You!

3 Likes

Great design and execution. Thanks!

2 Likes

Reminds me of this one; great minds think alike! Thanks for sharing yours as well as the files.

7 Likes

Whoa - this is pretty cool! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

1 Like

Looks and works great! Nice job!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweeet! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is great! Thanks for the files.

1 Like

Really cool! Thanks for the file! I love printing things like this to show off to family and friends what the glowforge can do. Your designs (and the community’s) are way cooler than anything I could come up with so I always appreciate shares.

1 Like

This is so awesome! Will make a nice present. Thanks so much for sharing.

1 Like

Love the gears!

1 Like

WOW that is really Cool!

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Aaaah! LOVE! Cannot :heart: more than once so

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Now - do I assemble it before I give it to my sister, or give it to her as a puzzle? She loves gears and is a steampunk addict so I’m thinking I’ll switch out the astrology for science symbols :smiley:

Thank you!

3 Likes

I would love to try this project, but I can’t see a way to access the .svg file. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

1 Like

Same here (I think). And now I’m trying to figure out what I’d put in there for symbols…there’s GOT to be something useful to put on each one.

1 Like

So did you glue the acrylic windows in? or is everything pressure fit? Also what size wood did you use? I would love to try and make this for sure.

2 Likes

Directly under his first picture are a bunch of line drawings - right click and Save. Those are your pattern :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are using Microsoft Edge you may need to switch to Chrome to download – right clicking in Edge seems to want to save it as a PNG where Chrome will download the SVG.

1 Like

Ahhh!!! Now that I reviewed the files, the acrylic windows in that file are actually the same size as the holes! So the windows won’t really fit (it’ll just fall right through!)

When I printed it, I increased the acrylic window sizes slightly, but I don’t remember what they became… The intention was for the acrylic windows to be press fitted into the holes, so no glue needed.

Sorry about that! I would try 100.6% to the acrylic windows. Here’s a revised version with the slightly increased size for the windows to account for the laser’s thickness…!

631860fa0a807242af68a4afe17c0f4524ae45e9

Let me know if you are able to get this fit correct! If not, I’ll print another one this weekend to make sure I have the right file…!

(and every laser cutter could have slightly different laser DIA (kerf), so adjusting the size of the window according to your print would be ideal)

5 Likes