Beta Project: Simple House Model

Thanks! The walls are glued together but the base channel helped me keep everything square.

4 Likes

Wowsers this looks awesome! Do you have glass in the windows or something?!

I thought he said they were acrylic, but I’m not seeing that now

I’ve always been wondering about a more architectural approach for the glowforge and someone has tested it! Thanks for that! I was just wondering (because im an architecture student) what scale did you cut that model down into? Knowing how small the bed is it could be troublesome for scaled models such at a 1:50 scale.

But I hope to see more architectural experiements and your approach to Fallingwater hehe! @RyanL

2 Likes

So at 1:50, no single piece could be larger than about 10m x 25m?

1 Like

We’re a couple of centuries behind over here. It’s at 1/4" = 1’ (or 1:48, or O scale if you like :slight_smile:).

5 Likes

Thanks, I guess its unavoidable of have one architectural model to fit onto one sheet panel (at a large scale). Although it would be incredibly helpful for fine detailing of structural elements! :smiley: Only one way to find out… is to get my hands on it! haha

1 Like

There are specialty shops who work in large architectural model sizes. A friend of mine has a huge (6’ x 8’ bed) industrial laser he uses to cut models for architecture students at the university. They can’t get that size in the school’s makerspace and competition for time on the laser near the end of the semester is brutal (everyone seems to leave their capstone projects to the last minute :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Well like my university offers a couple of industrial laser cutters (for a fair price) but the line up and bookings need to be made gets chaotic when final submissions comes and I live an hour away from the university which doesnt motivate me to travel during my free time and to use them haha! The many reasons why I decided to invest in a laser cutter :smiley:

2 Likes