Biking in the hills

My cycling buddy just passed away and something like this would be great at his Life Celebration. :heart: :heart: :heart:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about your friend’s passing.

2 Likes

Thank You

2 Likes

I just sent you a PM.

4 Likes

Awesome effect…looking forward to seeing more creations such as this!

4 Likes

I see you just joined the forum a few days ago - welcome!

My first shadow box took me weeks if not months to design, but then it got easier…

A nice free design if you’re interested…

And if you want to start yourself…

Soon you’ll be making your own cool stuff and we’d love to see it!

4 Likes

That is a beautiful as well as a thoughtful gift . I am sure he will be proud of it and will think of you every time he sees it. :blush:

4 Likes

Nailed it!
The layering works so well there :star_struck:

I’m not surprised, you have given enough here that we know your heart.
When you touch people with the unexpected giving - they will absolutely remember you. :wink:

Once I mounted an engraving on Cherry ply with a 1/4" standoff on the wall, I decided it stood well enough on its own that I didn’t need a frame. :+1:

4 Likes

I have a friend who would love this! I just ordered some of the veneer myself.

1 Like

Thanks, @jeanneleigh and @davidgal2!

1 Like

You’re too kind, @PrintToLaser!

My wife would argue that! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve come to know you a little here too - so at minimum you’re thoughtful and caring, and that generally goes a long way in a relationship.

2 Likes

At 40 years and counting, due mostly to her tolerance of my inordinate residual adolescence. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Nope! Not buyin’ that for a minute! :smile: :wink:

1 Like

Yep, after nearly 30 years, mine still has some of that too. And, never a dull moment. He can still come up with something I’ve never heard him say in all that time! And he always knows how to make me laugh.

2 Likes

:innocent: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Laughter is magical, food for the soul. Talented thoughtful man. :wink:

2 Likes

Wonderful piece! I like how you rotated the grain of the pieces for contrast.

I have brought things in to my doctor’s office, usually cookies (they did have the fancy cookie lace I made with the help of my Glowforge), so there’s that. They seem to like tasty morsels there.

2 Likes

Ha, that was just by accident - just how it fit better on the sheet. I never think about that until it is too late…
Your doctor’s office is lucky to get those cookies!

2 Likes