Cannot enter material height >.5"

I’ve been trying to cut some material larger than .5" but when I go to enter the material height it won’t allow me to enter in anything larger than .5". Is there a sensor that detects the removal of the crumb tray that isn’t working? how are you supposed to work with materials over .5" if you cannot enter it in?

The laser arm would hit material taller than 1/2"
1/2" is the max height

If you want to work on material taller than that, you need to remove the crumb tray and build risers to lift your material up to a height that the laser can engrave.

e.g. you need to enter a value that accounts for the delta in height NOT the material height once you remove the tray

5 Likes

This is with the crumb tray removed and I had it lifted up so that the top of it is above where the top of the crumb tray would have been.

Thanks. So then is the material height the “height above where the crumb tray would be”? How does that compare to the focus height?

Tutorials here for how to do it: :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I was hoping Jules was still awake to post those :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks,

I found some of those but somehow not the first one. I could not for the life of me understand the others but the first one got it through.

2 Likes

I guess I probably am the only one who can find them easily since I put the Matrix together. :smile:

6 Likes

one point, the laser arm doesn’t actually hit above .5" but the air assist fan “scoop” at the back does

3 Likes

I now ALWAYS test for this in tight situations by turning off the machine and moving the head around by hand.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Jules. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.