Can't figure out why font isn't printing

I’ve converted my font to curves, but when I run the file just the wine bottles engrave, no words. I’m Using Corel Draw2017. I’ll try and attach my file here.Thirst Aid Main.pdf (387.0 KB)

Are you trying to engrave the bottle around the words so that the words show up through the bottle as the material color? If that’s the case you need to subtract the text from the bottle shape. I’m not sure what that is called in Corel.

2 Likes

Just looked at your PDF. @MechanicalGoose has it right. You need to Subtract the text. Otherwise your bottles are just filled objects that will completely engrave even where the words are since the words are just engravable objects themselves. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Anyone know how to subtract text from a Corel file?

I believe there’s a “back minus front” option in CorelDRAW? Just Google it and I’m sure your answer will be quickly forthcoming.

2 Likes

The even-odd / non-zero fill rules are causing each of the images to be treated as engraves. (so it becomes a solid engrave)
Convert the text to curves, then right-click and select “reverse paths”.
Then select the bottom and text and combine (ctrl-L).

This link may help.

See if this helps.

1 Like

I’ve been able get it to work using both methods described. Learn something new everyday!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!