Deleted

Deleted.

4 Likes

The PG materials ship from Texas; I’ve been getting my (in-state) orders in like 48 hours, so the warehouse is sending them out very quickly. Hopefully that’s reassuring!

1 Like

Before you cut that on your GF check the SDS - it may be a chlorine/HCL producer which will eat your machine’s electronics when it precipitates in the air.

2 Likes

Deleted.

Vinyls can release HCL so that’s why I posted the warning. It’s not all vinyls but there are enough that do that it’s worth checking.

3 Likes

Any actual Vinyl will produce chlorine, some things appear to be but aren’t. Also you might find the 1/8" acrylic a bit tough to get that sort of bend unless you have a way to heat it.

1 Like

Deleted.

2 Likes

That’s the real trouble - lots of things called “vinyl” aren’t so it’s not enough to rely on what it’s called :slight_smile:

Been there many times :smiley:

2 Likes

Not all vinyl is bad, EVA for example is safe to use. no chlorine to gum up your electronics.

Amazon has it, and when the madness is over, Joanns also.

Lots of info on EVA on this forum
https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=eva%20foam

If in doubt test the material with the copper rod test for chlorine. Not that that is the only baddie to look out for.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, we don’t have expedited shipping options for Proofgrade materials at this point. Thanks everyone for the discussion - you can read about materials safety here. 'm going to close this thread – If you want to discuss materials more, I suggest posting for advice in the Beyond the Manual section of our community. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

1 Like