Discussion of the August 2017 update

I agree with you that it has been pointed many times. It is one thing to express frustration about the shipping delays (and I have done that more that a couple times), but when innuendos of lying, nearly criminal deception and blatant fraud comes from someone over shipping delays and features still being implemented (versus not being ready at the shipping of the product), it is clear that trust in the company and the CEO of that company does not existing.

Here is why I ask the question of “why chose to keep your order” and since Glowforge has (without question) refunded people’s monies upon canceling (which deceptive company would not do), if someone has regularly question the honesty and integrity of a company/product

Rather than continuing to add acid to the wound/sore spots for others, find the product that meets the need/desire, buy it and promote it. If Glowforge IS that product, lament the fact the shipping delays have occurred and encourage others to hang in there (not continue to irritate those in the same boat who have been waiting 20 months since the first delay).

Glowforge has done a very poor job of meeting their ship dates and even created a pattern of “bad news” announcements. Making poor prognostications (from limited data that isn’t even from Glowforge) to bad mouth a company (for whatever satisfaction is brings someone) really isn’t helping anyone. Putting out numbers won’t change where things are at.Those numbers are for the investors (buying a unit or two - or more - is still only a customer designation) and the board of directors.

Finding a balance between useful information vs idle curiosity (for any company) is incredibly difficult. Even Apple and/or Microsoft doesn’t release numbers beyond what is required by the SEC. The numbers seen are just those compiled by 3rd parties and generally accepted as what is happening in the market.

4 Likes