Feel like a puzzle? Simple Marble Run v1.0.9

Edit: A new version of this design has been created to no longer need additional hardware (plus other improvements!) Simple Marble Run v1.1.6 (No hardware required)

I originally posted this:

I still don’t have the instructions written up, but if anyone is interested, here is the SVG. I designed it to be printed on Proofgrade Medium Draftboard (12"x20").

Simple Run (v1.0.9)

It is still a work in progress as I learn new tricks and methods.

And it does currently require extra hardware that is not printed:

• (2) 1.25" #8-32 Machine Screws
  • (3) #8-32 Machine Screw Nuts
  • (4) #8 Washers (for spacing on the wheel axel – 1 in the back, 3 in the front)
  • (4-8) 1/2" diameter Chrome Steel Ball Bearings

(Be aware of those tiny pegs at the top! They fell into the crumb tray the first time I printed them. They are used to pressure fit some of the rails to the ramps.)

If you get it working, please respond back here! I would love to see and hear about your experience!

(Pictures from the original post)

101 Likes

WHOA! That’s crazy generous.

3 Likes

Very generous. Thank you.

3 Likes

Great work! Thanks for the share.

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you!!

2 Likes

Super generous. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It is very cool, and love that you got it on one sheet.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your talent in this generous way.

1 Like

Impressive!

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much! I wasn’t planning to use the GF today, but you might have just changed my mind.

How thick are the sheets you planned this for? It looks like you used 1/4" PG draftboard to make yours, is this correct?

1 Like

It is actually 1/8" Proofgrade “Medium” Draftboard that I used (and it is designed for).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer! I can’t wait to try to piece the puzzle together.

1 Like

Be sure to use the previous post for reference. It should help with the pictures and descriptions.

1 Like

OH!! Beware those tiny pegs at the top! They fell into the crumb tray the first time I printed them. (They are used to pressure fit some of the rails to the ramps.)

3 Likes

This is great! Thank you for sharing your design.

1 Like

awesome thanks! Something to work on while staying safe at home!

1 Like

If anyone has any questions, or runs into any issues with these designs please let me know. I am actively modifying these files.

The latest update has modified the pegs to pressure fit the ramp to rails. I found them very difficult to install initially.

I will update the original post!

6 Likes

Very, very nice!! Thank you for sharing this, my kids will love it!

1 Like

So far so good.

Had a rookie mistake though, I did not have everything aligned right so one section and a few other pieces didn’t cut. I removed successful pieces, then did my best to align the remainder. It worked out ok.

Now on to assembly

8 Likes

I just cut everything, and now I return to find you’ve deleted all your pictures. :frowning:

More of a puzzle than I bargained for…

2 Likes