Gingerbread Peeps

Very little design time lately, but I had a couple hours free and decided to take a poke at a holiday classic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thing is, you see gingerbread men and gingerbread women all the time, but I rarely see any love for gingerpets.

(And this inequity must be addressed.) :thinking:

These are set up as gift tags or ornaments. (Optional holes in the heads.)

I’ll probably do something as lawn art next year, or try to get them into the catalog after a bit more fiddling, but for a limited time, they’re free to share with your family and friends … Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Winter Solstice. :wink:

Gingerbread Blank.zip (403.4 KB)

And the engraving is a separate operation, so you can add to or embellish if you like. Cherry PG makes the best gingerbread, but you can do sugar cookie Maple too. :yum:

57 Likes

:+1: out of likes. Amazing work @Jules I especially love the ginger pets!

5 Likes

They’re adorable! Thank you for sharing the file.

6 Likes

Cool idea.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Great, Thank You for sharing.

2 Likes

This morning I got a bunch of free 0.5mm walnut veneer from a coworker (I am lucky to work at a cool place and i have the best coworkers!) so I decided to make some very flat gingerpeeps:

14 Likes

You could engrave some tread marks on them!

6 Likes

Aw man…don’t smash my peeps! :rofl:
(I sense a new meme.)

3 Likes

ginger snaps?

5 Likes

Adorable! Thanks @Jules! They will make great package decorations, you could even do them in cardboard.

1 Like

Was thinking yesterday that maybe I should make gingerbread cookies this weekend (I like to fully deck them out in different colors frosting for their clothes)

BUT NOW … thinking I should just make some Gingerbread Peeps. A whole lot easier … and very fun!

Thank you for the file!! Very kind of you!

1 Like

Thank you Jules!

2 Likes

One of my friends just recently asked if I thought the GF can cut gingerbread for extra intricate ginger houses.

I don’t know the answer to that question yet, but I know how I’m going to find out!

4 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

This one isn’t “extra intricate,” but it’s definitely possible.

14 Likes

Great…I want gingerbread now…time to go make. :smile:

1 Like

Just say no.

14 Likes

Did not know those existed! :smile:

1 Like

Neither did I but I found your title misleading. :joy:

3 Likes

An hour and a half to print? Is that what you are seeing? I haven’t done any long runs yet.