Glowforge is stuck!

My machine was stuck on centering- now stuck on the left side.

Why can’t Glowforge put an alert on the page when there are server issues?

2 Likes

They do, as soon as they know about them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay. I just got this machine.

2 Likes

Mine has been stuck for about 45 minutes, too :frowning:

Have you tried going through the steps here:

I’m giving it a couple of hours and see if the issue resolves.

1 Like

Here’s the status page, in case you don’t know:

And, since “stuck centering” is a frequent issue for people and it could be just coincidence that you’re having it right now, it wouldn’t hurt to try the official troubleshooting steps:

1 Like

I think we are all stuck

6 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t know there was a status page.

3 Likes

Mine is stuck too. The status hasn’t been updated. Well, time to write instructions while I wait. LOL

2 Likes

Everyone having the issue needs to email or open their own thread so they will (hopefully) see it quickly.

2 Likes

@dan help!

Done!

1 Like

Hmmm… Sounds like maybe they should have more specific and helpful error messages, instead of general catch-all ones. If the above is true, then they know the different types of errors, but they just haven’t bothered to expose it to the users.

Hey @dan - YOU’VE GOT SERVER ISSUES.

Your plan to use cloud computing is currently costing my company both time and money. Who at Glowforge HQ should I send my invoice to?

The official troubleshooting is here:

Remove material from bed, make sure lid camera is clean, and wifi is good (if status updates show in UI, it likely is.)

Thank you!

1 Like

Well, at least I’m not the only one!

Pinging the CEO isn’t going to accomplish anything; he’s the least likely person to see this in anything approaching a timely manner. And you knew GF used cloud computing before you purchased it and made the decision to base a business on a hobby-priced machine, so it’s silly to complain about it now.

I love this idea. However, I really, really hope that they have automated systems to notify them of this sort of issue and that they’re not relying on the users to tell them. #facepalm.

I’d already emailed support, but I presumed that support wasn’t in charge of handling invoices.

Also, @dan publicly encourages small businesses to use a Glowforge: https://smallbiztrends.com/2019/11/glowforge-3d-laser-printer.html

They’re not some small plucky startup any more - they’ve been shipping units for more than 3 years. That’s a long time to still be having problems big enough that those problems turn their products into a $3k paperweight.

1 Like

Working on it:

1 Like