Glowforge Stuck on Centering

My GF has been stuck on centering now for a good few hours. I have done all the steps I found in the threads with no help.

1. I have cleaned all the lenses and surfaces
  2. Removed all material from the bed
  3. Re-set all wifi connections
  4. Logged out and back in to the app
  5. Re-started the machine as well as my computer multiple times

I am going out of options and I have deadlines coming up. Anybody have any good suggestions on how to get the GF back working?

Thanks guys!

4 Likes

Mine is also having this problem. I’m scared to turn it off now that i got rid of it. But what i did. 1) turned off the machine, 2) opened lid 3) Put the laser head in the center under the camera 4) turn on the machine 5) let it sit for like 15-20 mins 6) close the lid and let it go through its cycle

if your lucky it will slowly go through calibration and pass the centering/focus problem.

Let me know if it works for your machine or its just something that works on mine.

10 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions. Im trying it now. I’ll let you know how it works out. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

OMG That totally worked! You are a life savior!!! Thank you!!

3 Likes

I understand your pain cuz i have orders to get through too. I don’t understand why this is happening out of the blue.

That’s been reported before when they’re loading something to your machine - it can hang up if it’s also trying to center. Leaving the lid up lets the update finish before it tries to center.

Maybe you have Snapmarks now :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m so sorry that you hit a snag.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like