Glowparents: Glowbabies!

It took us a while to get ourselves ready for this journey, but all is going well and on track. I will actually be eligible to retire the same month the twins are born, but I will probably keep working at no pay (for my own company) and shift all of the salary to my business partner / wife.

4 Likes

My Mom said the twins were the easiest (Iā€™m Ā½ a twin) because we entertained each other. We were 4th and 5th of five siblings ( my twin beat me by 3 minutes - I had to clean up after her). Fraternal - as Iā€™m a he ! Iā€™m about 5ā€™3ā€™ā€™ and sheā€™s about 5-10". I think when we were little they patted me on the head and her on the buttā€¦ my other theory is when she got out first I had her by the feet and the Doc by the head (when youā€™re that young youā€™re pliable) so sheā€™s much tallerā€¦ :thinking::slight_smile:

8 Likes

Iā€™m a fraternal twin too. My sister was born first, then I came after, feet first. Because, you see, I had just finished kicking her out. (Those were the only nine months I ever had to share a roomā€”err, wombā€” with my sister, and Iā€™d had enough of sharing.)

6 Likes

Amen! There are people who keep teasing me that I might have twins; at just over 5 months and after several scans, ummm pretty sure thereā€™s only one baby in there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Twins might be better when theyā€™re older but you have to survive the first few yearsā€¦

5 Likes

I did that to my wife during the first trimester, except I kept upping the number.

ā€œHow are you three doing.ā€
ā€œYou are eating for five now!ā€
ā€œIā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s a bakerā€™s dozen in there.ā€

6 Likes

Ahhh so mean!! Haha

2 Likes

Congratulations. I hope everything goes very smoothly for your wife and your twins. You on the other hand will probably be a mess and thereā€™s nothing that can be done about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have 3 grown kids (over 30) from a prior marriage so I have gone through it before, although many years ago. But some of the wifey concerns donā€™t change with the passage of time, such as the trap question ā€œDo you think I am getting fat?ā€ Whether you answer yes or no, you lose. ā€œWhat, you think I am fat???ā€ or ā€œYou donā€™t think the babies are growing enough??ā€ Anyway, itā€™s gonna be fun.

6 Likes

Lol, so true. The one time I tried to be honest (with the best of intentions) I paid dearly :wink:

4 Likes

One friend said ā€œitā€™s not two kids, itā€™s a conspiracy.ā€

6 Likes

Go a bit carried away and forgot to post. Here is my 2017 baby from 02/02

42 Likes

Awwwww, super cute! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Boy or girl? :revolving_hearts::dizzy::boom::confetti_ball::baby:

3 Likes

Congratulations! I see every hospital has the baby LoJack ankle bracelet.

11 Likes

that is both hilarious and downright terrifying.

8 Likes

When our second granddaughter was born quite premature even I was shocked at the level of security at the regional NICU.

5 Likes

Yea, if anyone tried taking a baby out of a designated area, they supposedly lock down the entire floor. I did not test this.

6 Likes

Oh gorgeous. Congratulations.

2 Likes

You sure have a beautiful baby. Congratulations on your new addition. :relaxed:

3 Likes

ROTFL! :laughing:

1 Like