Harry Potter Monopoly (picture heavy)

After seeing @ahvaness’s board, I knew it would be a good gift for my Harry Potter fan MiL.

I bought the files a while back, then I got her in our Christmas gift lottery and knew it was time to make it. @ahvaness said it was a lot of engraving, especially with all the coins, but you can’t really appreciate it until you’re knee deep in it. Thankfully my GF is on my “work-from-home” desk and I could engrave in short bursts between calls while I was working, which made it less painful.

Finally gifted it yesterday when we went to Ohio to do a delayed Xmas with my wife’s family. Barely finished in time (was oiling up the inside of the box the day before we left).

Without further ado, here are the final pics I took today.

85 Likes

This is brilliant, what an amazing gift to give and to receive! What did she say when she saw it?

10 Likes

Thanks!

She said she won Christmas.

15 Likes

She did! Big points for this one!

7 Likes

I’d say she won when her daughter married you! Wow! What an incredible gift!! It looks perfect!

10 Likes

That is absolutely amazing! I’d say she won as well!

8 Likes

Well, this makes mine look amateurish. I love the box, coins, coin tray, etc… Exceptional gift.

8 Likes

You have set the bar pretty high for next year with this outstanding gift. Exceptional!

7 Likes

There is no higher praise as I could not imagine making one that nice, much less yours. I am flabbergasted how much went into it,

7 Likes

Fabulous work! I bought a generic Monopoly file years ago to make one using our family’s history but, still haven’t gotten it made. It does take an enormous amount of time to gather all the info needed. Love the coins and the little houses.

5 Likes

I am not a huge fan of Monopoly, but this is amazingly beautiful!

I would probably play this game just to enjoy the art alone!

6 Likes

I grew to dislike monopoly at a young age from playing with siblings that played with alternate rules when convenient. But this looks great! Gives me yet another idea :thinking: for a game board that will probably never see the light of day. :disappointed:

6 Likes

Drool worthy!

4 Likes

Thanks all. @ahvaness gets all the design credit, I only get build credit. It’s a great design.

3 Likes

are the houses and tokens 3D printed?
This Monopoly Set is beyond amazing!

3 Likes

The designer sells his files.

6 Likes

Yeah, his original post was included above.

2 Likes

Yes, 3D printed then spray painted.

1 Like

Looks great

2 Likes