Head Calibration

I didn’t have the same problem as @volivaa…mine is still intact and runs just fine.

1 Like

That’s good! I’m glad it’s not so bad :sweat:

1 Like

If the third wheel on the X carriage is sprung, like they are on the Y carriage it should be relatively easy to pop it back on. Hook the back wheel over the V rail and pull forward to allow the front wheels to slip over the front V rail. Ensure the belt is still over the pulleys and it should be good to go.

Or see what support have to say.

3 Likes

The rear wheel is spring loaded.

It takes a good amount of force to pull the head carriage forward and compress that spring though. Unless it just wasn’t completely seated to start with, or it took a jolt during shipping, you’d have to lock the gantry in place to pull enough force to disengage the carriage like that.

Whatever the cause, it’s good reason to push/pull on the gantry itself if someone needs to manually move the head for any reason.

4 Likes

Another, perhaps better picture.

1 Like

Yeah, judging from that photo, I believe the “V”-bearing is intended to run along the rail (shown in red, below). And the V-bearings behind the belts are supposed to run along a similar rail on the backside.

4 Likes

I took pictures before attempting to fix. Was exactly as you folks described and took 30 seconds or less to reattach. I had done things like this before, but did not attempt until I was confident it was similar. A test engrave worked great! The Sheldonians is our trivia team.

15 Likes

Yay, I’m so glad you got it fixed. And I’m glad we have such helpful people here in the forum! (Best forum ever. Seriously.)

10 Likes

I’m so glad to hear you’re back up and printing!

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If the problem reoccurs go ahead and start a new thread or email support.

5 Likes