How to print onto An object bigger than half inch thick

how to print onto a large object - can I print without the crumb tray - what is largest object to print onto I hear people talking of printing onto mirror candle sticks but how ???
What is the trick

Remove the crumb tray. Elevate your object so that the surface to be engraved is between .01" and .5" from the lens. Use the set focus tool. There are lots of tips here in the forum that go into greater detail. Here is a tool and description to get you started. You can use the search function of the forum for additional posts. No-Math Focus Ruler

3 Likes
  1. Make risers. Material risers in Medium Draftboard

2. Remove crumb tray

3. Profit

1 Like

I always forget step 3

4 Likes

I did a tutorial on this in fact

1 Like

You probably don’t want to do this yet, but the following topic asks that question and has some great cross links.

TLDR: Remove the crumb tray and then find a way to make the surface of whatever your material is fall in the focal area of the laser without the air assist fan shroud whacking it or the head camera crabbing that this material is too tall to ride the ride.

1 Like

I see you’ve already gotten some great advice from the community! Did these suggestions help you get your print set up the way you need it to be? If not, let us know and we’ll be happy to assist further.

It’s been some time since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you run into any other trouble or have further questions please start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.