International glowforgers

How about nobody enters anybody else’s information for them? Not our place to do it, it’s up to them to do it if they want to.

And if they don’t want to enter it, too bad.

5 Likes

Well there is nobody’s personal information in my graph above. You would have to dox to find out who got their emails on a particular date.

I think you’re safe with that graph. With no stated unit of measurement for the Y axis it’s essentially meaningless.
No, you can’t assume it’s obvious.

1 Like

And the dates are all listed wrong. :wink:

3 Likes

Then there are confounding factors in the data collection.
You’ve got to list your confounding factors and the measures you’ve taken to mitigate them.

One of the biggest is that it represents only data from the forum. Anyone who got a unit or an email that’s not on the forum isn’t represented in the data. You can decide there can’t be enough of them to matter or you can consider that the lack of the non-forum data to be significant enough to render the forum data interesting but not meaningful in aggregate as we have no way of knowing how much of the delivery focus has been on non-forum participants.

1 Like

We know that there has been deliberate bias to forum regulars so I would assume non-forum customers are seeing an even lower delivery rate.

Regardless of how representative it is we know there are lots of first day customers without emails. And we can see there has been a halt in dispatches and a big slow down in emails.

1 Like

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Given the amount of crap that seems to float around about so-and-so getting an email before so-and-so, I’d be hesitant to put up any kind of announcement for any email I might receive, or already received.

3 Likes

Ditto :slight_smile:

You’ll hear about my Pro when everyone else in the world has gotten theirs. (You can all feel sorry that I haven’t gotten mine until the end :wink:) I know there are others who are taking the same position with the ones they’ve received. So I’m assuming nothing.

3 Likes

Yes I expect a lot of regulars won’t take part. There are not enough of you to make much difference to the stats.

Especially since return shipping is only for damage in transit, which might be hard to prove once the courier has driven off

What is the question?

Hi @dan what is the current situation on international deliveries, are you still on track to deliver basic units before the 31st? Thanks in advance
P.s please give me my GF, i need it in my life haha.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

The June update has the schedule update. All orders will be filled between now and end of November.

1 Like

well, they’re on track to be filled, anyway. i mean, i’d be pretty surprised at this point if they have to delay again; it feels like they’re generally over the development hump, for lack of a better descriptor.

tonight I dreamt that my box of proofgrade had showed up in the house with a letter attached to it “I’m sorry that your glowforge will leave the factory as the last, here’s some proofgrade to wipe off those tears” Signed @dan

I actually woke up excited that something had shown up to be disappointed again in my subconscious.

4 Likes

When will International shipping start?
Before when they will email me for the address?

still 0 news for international costumers. It looks like another holiday season sans glowforge for me :frowning:

2 Likes

News (or no news) are bad for everyone who don’t receive his GF…
But for internantional users, it’s worst :frowning:

1 Like