Lid Camera Calibration Beta

Absolutely.

If something about the setup changes, you may need to recalibrate it. Putting it on a different workbench, moving to 94109, etc.

FWIW, I’ve packed and unpacked my unit at least 3x since calibrating and it’s still spot on.

6 Likes

I believe we’re rolling out a change soon so that it will align itself (the important part of the reboot) after calibration automatically. I’m so glad it helped!

Just so folks know, the test isn’t useful unless you print only one target at a time. Otherwise, any change in height between targets will create inaccuracy.

8 Likes

And if the calibration stage after burning is interrupted for reasons unknown? Is there a way to skip the burn stage of the calibration and just head to the measurements, since restarting the measurements wasn’t an option in the step-by-step?

Saddly, my GF is worse than it was before…

Try powering it off and back on again – there’s a final calibration update that doesn’t happen until you do that, sometimes.

2 Likes

Made a video walkthrough of this if it helps someone out, here’s the link to the post for it: Video walkthrough of the Camera Recalibration

9 Likes

Ooh, if you make a separate post with this link, I’ll move it to Tips and Tricks for you!

1 Like

Already got it, that is a link to the post in tips and tricks. Thank you.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I’m multitasking with work stuff and didn’t click through. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, we all need this sort of improvement. I am going to do it RSN. Unfortunately, I’m in the middle of an important work project – I work from home – so this upgrade will have to wait for a week or so.

I completed the recalibration and it worked great. I’d post a pic but it’s essentially the same as many of the others – nearly spot on. This is really useful so THANK YOU.

One thing… I nearly missed this important news because I always look for updates in the Announcements and the latest one is the April update. However, I see this news is dated May 6. Where should I look to keep up with these kind of announcements?

2 Likes

Normally, the Announcement section. Calibration is a little unique in that the capability is still being tweaked and by being announced here will have a lesser impact on the Support team. It’s a relatively complicated process that needs a slower rollout.

3 Likes

Exactly. We wanted this to be low profile for now so we can gather data on performance before we have thousands of calibration requests pouring in.

So - watch announcements for major announcements. Read everything for occasional bonus tidbits like this. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

I tried it yesterday, it got stuck after reading the measurements. My try this morning got stuck in “processing measurements.”

Now I need to buy more draftboard.

or mask the used piece.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I checked out the logs from the print in your photo, and it looks like you didn’t use Set Focus before running the print. Could you please let me know if you’re still seeing the same offset after using Set Focus before printing?

Thanks for letting us know that happened, @karen1. I looked into your report, and it seems there was an issue on our end. I’ve made a small change to fix this up for you - your new camera calibration should be active next time you turn on your Glowforge.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you so much Vee.

I’m going out of town for a few weeks, my draftboard should arrive then as well. I look forward to doing this sometime in June. :slight_smile:

Way better than my previous 1/2" drift! I’'ll totally take it and say thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes