I’ve had to glue my lid back together twice, the first time the glue wasn’t the best, but this time I used a lot more and a different epoxy and it’s been holding great.
If you’re still in warranty, I’d suggest going through the support procedures to get this taken care of, if not, then here is what I did.
The first time this happened I did an alright job, it eventually ended up not holding on one edge and I had to redo the job. The easiest way I’ve found to fix it is removing the lid from the machine. You’ll want to undo the black ribbon cable from the board it connects to, theres a double sided adhesive holding it place, so warming it up helps get it away from the casing:
After that’s undone, pop off the guards to the hinges by pulling to the side and down:
Get an 11mm socket and undo the top two nuts on both sides. The lid is a bit heavier than you might expect, but not so heavy that you can’t pick it up. The bolt studs will slide right out of the hinges and you’re good to put the lid somewhere where you can work on it.
This second go around, since only half my glue gave out, I mixed up some new epoxy and slid it into the gap. I would suggest stress testing the remaining glue to see if you can get them to separate. If you can, then clean the old glue off with a razor blade and rough up the two sides for the new glue to get a good trip, if not, you’ll just have to do what I did and drop the new glue into the gaps. I used this stuff:
It had the strongest psi hold that I could find at the hardware store, but there may be others that are better. I clamped the two parts together, and cleaned any excess that squeezed out, for a few days and put everything back together.