May Update?

I will call you. Maurice! :notes: riiiiIIIIT raaAAARRrrr! :notes:

4 Likes

So what happens if it just reads like the last two updates? Nothing new and weā€™re just told units will ship by the end of July.

2 Likes

Depends on if they start shipping production units as promised

1 Like

there was the crawl walk run but at this point they will have to jump to just run. never a good way to start a deployment but who knows we will see

4 Likes

Thatā€™s my biggest concern at this point. Every week the number average number that will need to ship per week to meet end of July rises, yet I still only see 4 people in the customer success dept. Maybe manufacturing is going ahead like the December update stated. If thatā€™s the case holding them in a warehouse doesnā€™t make a lot of sense to me. I want to be optimistic everything is on track but man is it tough with the lack of detail that trickles out.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed Dan posting in the forums throughout the daytime recently. Maybe thats a good sign, to deviate from his usual witching hour posting habits.

2 Likes

Itā€™s going to be today - i feel it in my water!

6 Likes

Keep taking the tablets, and perhaps a cool pack on the brow ?
:slight_smile:

10 Likes

A gramme is better than a damn.

3 Likes

I strongly suspect the presence of a sub-text there.
:wink:

1 Like

Seeing as we are a third of the way through the month with crickets, Iā€™m expecting an extreme, either high or low, probably no middle ground this month.

1 Like

Previous updates have been the 5th, 6th, 8th, and 6th - and all after around 3PM. So while the anticipation is making it seem like forever, theyā€™re not even a couple days later than what I would consider typical yet.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, for some reason, Iā€™m not expecting anything out of this monthly update. This is just a guess based on my gut, but I think when the hammer finally drops it will come out of the blue and not through one of the monthly updates.

9 Likes

I donā€™t see why itā€™s so difficult to post any kind of status or situational update. It doesnā€™t have to be long and there should be some effort put out in order to temper the unease of backers.

Please donā€™t repeat ā€œwe are doing our best to put out the perfect productā€. Itā€™s starting to sound hollow. I would settle for excellence. Squelch any fears of another 6-month delay, be responsible and reply with any simple statement . Please!

3 Likes

because people sue companies for breach of contract when the CEO says ā€œwe will do X by Y dateā€ and they donā€™t or ā€œThis thing will have this featureā€ and it doesnā€™t. Apple has been sued multiple times over similar things for instance.

9 Likes

Yes but they donā€™t sue when you say you will do X by Y date and you do do it by Y date.

Plus they said they would ship in in Dec 15 and has anybody sued them yet?

2 Likes

no idea if anyone has filed against themā€¦ And I was just answering why updates take a while to come out, as they have to be vetted by the legal staff. People pour over every single word, so just like an apple keynote, amazon briefing, intel briefing, etc the FNLs have to check every claim/wording. Painful but thatā€™s how modern businesses operate.

5 Likes

Poor example imo. I didnā€™t ask for a date just want an idea on where the company stands. Iā€™m not asking for ANY promises

1 Like

And when they donā€™t see the words they want to see, they completely make up their own stories and post them on the forum. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I think as a society, if we were more easy going and accepting and understanding and patient, things would not be quite as they are ā€“ but as a society we are incredibly demanding and litigious and overwhelmingly ready to lay siege at the gates with pitchforks and flaming torches when things donā€™t go our way, or when something is presented as X and we thought it should be Y. It makes perfect sense to me why they do things the way they do, with the care and caution and slow deliberation in looking at everything coming out from the company.

5 Likes