Merry Christmas! Nativity Ornament

Wow, impressive!

2 Likes

What were your settings for the Draftbaord? and what forge do you have?

@mikenbrenda: As I recall I used the default PG settings for the draftboard prototype shown above and for the others that I made as personalized Christmas gifts using PG walnut ply. The walnut ones had the recipient’s name on one side and “Christmas 2018” on the other.

I have a GF Basic model. :sunglasses:

Thank you, thank you. Wanted to do a quick cut to show the inlaws my new toy. Cut beautifully and earned another point for #1 daughter in law. !

5 Likes

Glad I could help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I am a newbie. I’m almost embarrassed to say that I resized this smaller the first time I cut it–to save wood. I’m sure you can guess what happened! The notches were too small. Never one to waste anything, I cut off the tabs and used glue all around. On my second attempt, I added some text.

11 Likes

We have all made mistakes that after the fact seem really silly, but you learned from it, and that makes it worth making! Welcome to the community. We have fun here :smiley:

7 Likes

I made this for a friend and she’s over the moon!

Thank you so much!

16 Likes

Nice job with the painting, I love it!

3 Likes

Thanks I love handpaint pieces. It’s my happy place!

1 Like

Love, love this! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Very pretty! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you for the beautiful design. I just made 2 from PG Maple for my daughter and daughter in law. It fit quite snugly (had to persuade the bottom piece and baby Jesus with a small rubber mallet.

1 Like

Thanks so much @geek2nurse for this design!

I slightly altered it for my purposes and wanted to share it back with the community.

nativity ornament 2b

7 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you! I purchased this file way back when…made some for my tree and most compliments were on this ornament

4 Likes

That’s nice to hear, thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! My wife will love this!

My wife requested a few more changes to the design. Here is the final result:

Thanks again @geek2nurse for such a lovely design!

nativity ornament (final - 2021)

13 Likes