Proofgrade not cutting through at all

Since I got my machine a couple weeks ago I’ve been having issues with the proofgrade not cutting through. I’ve looked on the forums here and did the whole cleaning process, printed the pegs to hold it down and still its not cutting through! Very frustrated! Not sure what else to do?

Have you tried and run the camera calibration? It should only need to be done once when the glowforge gets moved around.

Note In the directions using other materials. This is cheaper. Also, if you need to try it a few times due to failures, you can pull off old masking and just put new masking on a previously used piece.

yes, I also did that

There are a few here who simply slow down all the cut speeds on pg material by 5 or so. Gf tries to make it so the laser just cuts through to prevent back burn off the tray but in addition to warpage and dirty equipment, material swelling from moisture can effect cuts also.

Support will probably ask for a test cut of the GoGM and pictures of it failing to cut through as well as pictures on the various windows and lenses.

Is it bed wide or only certain areas of the bed give you trouble?

Some dates and times for the failures also help them look up logs.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.