Start button does nothing. Its flashing blue and when I push it, nothing happens

When you load a design in the app, everything looks normal? So it’s showing your machine online?
Can you take a screenshot of the app and a picture of the blue button?

Any button color other than yellow or white (or teal during the setup) is something that support has to look into by looking at your machine logs. Wait to hear from them. (Sorry, we can’t suggest anything for you to try to fix it. You need to hear from them.)

My machine has always blinked blue when it was ready to cut. Ive had it for less than a month, but its always blinked blue and hasn’t ever not cut til now.

Probably a faulty LED then. It’s supposed to be white when it’s ready to cut.

Now, as for my other question… Can you screenshot the app? Just thought another set of eyes on it might catch something.

That didn’t work either. Dang it.

Does anyone know if Glowforge customer service is ever available for live chat? I have messaged them before with concerns and haven’t ever heard back from them. I cannot wait forever to have this resolved. My kiddos count on me to earn an income for our family. :frowning:

Can you try Chrome instead? This way we rule out Edge being the problem.

Yes.

It can take a couple of days. Meanwhile we can do what we can for you. You may still have to hear from Support with the information they can see on their side.

When you press the blinking blue button, does anything at all happen? Does it still keep blinking or does it stop blinking?

It keeps blinking. Nothing happens. Nothing moves

Could be more than an faulty LED… Could be a bad button.

Just tried Chrome. Nothing changed. Oh my. I cannot believe this and to hear that it takes days for customer service to reply, not makes me wanna cry. Thanks for the continued ideas.

Your switch inside the button might be broken. Get a flashlight and look at it underneath the glass and see if you see any disconnected wires…although the signal is being received, it might just be a physical problem in the switch.

1 Like

When it flashes, press the button a little harder than you might think. I have found with mine that a simple tap doesn’t always register. I’m not saying sledgehammer here… Just press it “very intentionally.”

The wires all seem to be in tact. Nothing out of the ordinary under there. I have tried pressing “intentionally” and nothing changed. Keep the ideas coming. Im getting desperate over here.

If you’re still in warranty, at this point I’m out of ideas. Seems pretty clear it’s a bad button. But Support will need to confirm.

If you’re out of warranty, I’d temporarily replace the button with another button, then order a “real Glowforge button” from them.

Okay, don’t keep pressing it harder…it might not be the button after all.

Step through the steps involved in the writeup below and don’t skip anything but the lens cleaning bit…that isn’t going to apply here. But you need to check the Wifi and the cable connections.

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the button. I see you have already emailed us about this and we are working on it there. So I’m going to close this thread.