SVG when imported to GF does not render properly

Hi all - Anyone ever have this issue? I am importing my SVG and when it renders it leaves out some areas - or should I say fills in some areas - in other words it does not render properly.

I create my SVG in Affinity Designer. I flatten and convert to curves the entire document. I export using my SVG Glowforge Settings (see image). Any ideas what I may be missing on the export?

Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Hi Derek…that’s a known issue with how the Glowforge design software interprets “islands” in a design. (The GF software always uses a Non-Zero winding rule. Affinity Designer can be set to Even-Odd. I think you can reverse the path direction to fix it…)

We’ve got a tutorial for the fix…@tim1724 worked it out…

10 Likes

OMG Thank you @Jules I will give this a try. I’ve been pulling my hair out over this. I’ll let you know how it worked out.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry you hit a snag! Did the tutorial help you get your file uploaded the way you want it? If not, let us know and we’ll look into this further.

Yes the tutorial by @tim1724 worked beautifully. Well done and saved my sanity! Thank you. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

It would be easier if Glowforge just fixed this bug. It’s been over two years since it was reported.

1 Like

I’m glad you figured out a fix but that’s disappointing to hear it’s an issue that’s been around that long.

I’m glad to hear that the tutorial helped resolve the trouble you were having. Thanks @Jules!

I’m going to close this topic for now, but please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the future at support@plugable.com if you hit another snag. We’re here to help!

1 Like