Thanksgiving Turkey Box

Here’s a little turkey that your children (grand children) can paint.

Turkey

A Turkey Box for keeping or giving

Ghost turkey watching construction

I made it out of clear acrylic just to show off. Obviously, you can make out anything you what. Keep in mind that the cutout around the turkey is tight and if you’re doing it in wood be cautious, that is, if you’re going to cut out the turkeys as well.

Turkey Box.docx (266.2 KB)
Turkey Box

53 Likes

Very cute! Thank you for the share! Did you glue different kinds of wood together in the first turkey?

7 Likes

Thanks for the file. This will make a cheery addition to many tables.

6 Likes

Cute design - thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Aw this is cute! Thanks for the share!

4 Likes

Definitely cutting out a couple of these for the grandkids to play with. Thanks.

7 Likes

Thanks for the share! I’m sure folks will gobble them up. :innocent:

15 Likes

Really cute! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Hey thanks! Love it!

2 Likes

Yes, you’re very observant. I made a circular “brick” of different woods then sliced it on the bandsaw. Am doing a batch now. Will post photos if you’re interested.

2 Likes

LOL, Hope they don’t get indigestion. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Looks great thanks for sharing

1 Like

My Granddaughter will love painting this! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This looks amazing

1 Like

Very cute, thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so much! So cute!

1 Like

Thank you, this is wonderful. I have two questions. First, it looks like 1/4 wood is that the size? Second. I see the acrylic tree in the background, I could not get mine to work, how did you get it to fit the support middle? Any help would be appreciated. I have been very sad that I can’t make the lovely tree.
Leslie

2 Likes

I used 1/8" (medium) draft board for the one in the photo. The slots may have to be adjusted for other material, but more on that, Here is how I test for slot fit:

Slot Size Comment.docx (152.0 KB)

With regard to to acrylic tree:
I struggled with trying to change the slot size, but it was near impossible to get the rotated slots to the correct size so here , briefly, is what I did:

What I did.docx (307.7 KB)

Also see my several posts under borg09’s Spiral Tree. I hope to do a more complete post after Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

This great thank you!

1 Like

Would you consider sharing the svg with me you updated?
I really have been wanting to make the tree. My 4th grade students would enjoy the pretty lights to bring in the holiday.
Please consider.
Leslie

1 Like