So I wanted to cut a symmetrical piece that is 14x14". So I thought I was being clever and took the following steps.
- put in a piece of cardboard and cut out the bottom and lower sides of my square, to use as a jig.
- trimmed my artwork to be only 1/2 of the total so it could be repeated twice with the part rotated 180 degrees
- cut the first half of the artwork
- rotated the part 180 degrees
- repeated the cut
- scratched my head as the two halves of the artwork didn’t come out aligned. Was off by about 1/8"
As far as I can tell, the jig didn’t move during the rotation, and the geometry at the front end of the part seems to be correctly placed on the board. Is this a known issue? I got good repeatability using the cardboard jig method when doing multiple versions of the same part on a different project. Any suggestions appreciated.