WIFI issue help

glowforge connecting to wifi with no internet??? My internet is up then once i connect glow forge says connected with no internt. WTH? I need to get online I have orders to make. So far nothing is working i seriously am about to lose my mind with this machine

The setup process involves disconnecting your computer from your network and connecting directly to your GF. You then tell the GF the name and password of your wifi access. The GF unit then connects to the internet directly. At that point your computer is not connected to the internet. Sometimes a computer will automatically reconnect to the home wifi, sometimes you have to do it manually. Either way. Your computer will never need to reconnect to the GF directly. Everything will be done through the cloud. Maybe this video will help.

8 Likes

Your computer will never need to reconnect to the GF directly.

In fact, it can’t connect to the GF once you have completed wifi setup, because the GF only broadcasts a signal while in setup mode.

Hi @angela1,

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. After extracting and investigating the logs of your Glowforge, it looks like you’re s connected and you’ve been able to print since posting. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

1 Like

hello I’m having the same issue. the connection process makes no sense to me. I use my phone as hotspot. there is no interference. its right by the glowforge. the laptop that I’m using that’s connected to my phones hotspot is right by the glowforge too. I can use the internet just fine with my laptop using the phones hotspot, even went to the setup page for glowforge, followed the steps and when it tells me to pick the glowforge I do, it connects and says “no internet,open”. I assume its because you said it would disconnect from the internet to connect the glowforge, but the screen never goes forward to let me choose the hotspot from the wifi list. I got the pro. and this is how this thing acts? unreal. equipment that costs far less can simply connect to the internet, im losing money. cant even get my business started because this thing wont connect to the internet? wth?

@shautee08, you will want to start a new thread in the Problems and Support area to have a ticket opened for you. They always see new threads, they don’t always see add-on comments.

thanks

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you, @angela1. I hope that’s because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

I’m going to close this thread, but if you still need help on this, go ahead and start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.