Wooden Cryptex

Bit of a mean post because I don’t have the files in order yet or even a blog post about it, but I showed a few of you the first cryptex ring at the New York Maker faire and I now want to show you how the rest of the item came out.

I even made a video…

91 Likes

Awesome!!!

4 Likes

Well that’s incredible. This is on the list of things I plan to make, yours looks better than a lot of the ones I’ve seen around

4 Likes

Yep! That’s mean. :wink:

5 Likes

Everything takes such a long time, I promise to have the files online before most people get their glowforges :stuck_out_tongue:

19 Likes

Oh, something that technical is not going to be tackled until looong after the GF arrives.

Spectacular job on it! :relaxed:

6 Likes

What a lovely piece! I love that you can change the code word.

7 Likes

wow wow wow. You deserve a serious award. Thats awesome! and a great use of a living spring for the ratchet. well done.

6 Likes

So cool! nice job!

4 Likes

that is a great project.

4 Likes

that is nothing short of [quote=“jbmanning5, post:2, topic:3148, full:true”]
Awesome!!!
[/quote]
I just felt a disturbance in the Forum…

8 Likes

YES! This was one of the first projects I saw nearly a year ago and started thinking about how in the world I could make it happen with a Glowforge. Probably from watching too many episodes of White Collar and hearing about shift ciphers, I thought something like this would be a blast to create and use with my son (who’s in elementary school and loves all things spy & puzzle related). This looks so awesome!

5 Likes

Best Ovaltine cypher prize ever!

9 Likes

One of the best ideas (and executions) I’ve seen. Can’t wait to see the plans.

3 Likes

This is amazing!

2 Likes

Really is amazing work !! So you could make it any length? (17 for "DRINKMOREOVALTINE as an Xmas gift). OR when you forgot that anniversary present - put s small object in there for the wife and don’t tell her the combination. This may give you a few days to get to the jewelers and swap the object out before it gets open ! :innocent:

16 Likes

Do you have a death wish??? :smile::laughing:

8 Likes

Incredible. The patience required to design & make that is amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sir you are a evil, dishonest and mischievous… GENIUS!!!:grin::grin::grin: Thanks for this great idea :stuck_out_tongue:

And @Jules if we are going to die anyway, worth a try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Just thinking about the time and the patient you had to design and build. Excellent work. :slight_smile:

4 Likes