XY home position

It sounds like a good test but as soon as you said draw something on a piece of paper, it’s a non starter. Brain too fried for this at the moment.

What I am concentrating on at the moment is understanding the interface, importing and placing the graphic files I created. I think I have that process figured out at the moment and will upload something shortly.

I hope I can address your concerns in future sessions. I have something ready to go regarding importing various file formats and how they work. But I won’t print anything till later. I have to disconnect and get to the woods.

4 Likes

? Ok- Nevermind then. I’ll just wait for the unit to arrive (when it decides to ship) and figure it out myself.

lol
I would hope @marmak3261 can draw that one, but I made a super-fancy and complicated pdf vector version (41.7 KB) so he don’t have to…

1 Like

I’ll do my best to help. Seriously, my hands are shaking. I can’t draw right now, I’m too tired and wired!

4 Likes

Notebook paper isn’t laser compatible - it is prone to catching on fire. For that reason the manual recommends against using it.

6 Likes

Okay, but the example I suggested could be done on any medium. But it doesn’t matter.
I don’t want to cause any additional stress on @marmak3261. His comment about being burnt out is concerning.

I’ll just wait and test this stuff out on my own.

1 Like

He has been enjoying his GF :glowforge: while tending to people’s needs in his area while sacrificing sleep.

Love his drive, but the bed really wants his company.

5 Likes

Thanks @marmak3261. @dan
I’m trying to distill the question to a simplified yes/no response with a “we’d love to put that in the hopper” if no.

1. Does the drawing placement (relative to inch guides on top and left of interface) register (lock automatically) to the zero point.
  2. Does the inch guide at top and left have a locked register to the zero of the laser head

Now while I normally enjoy the banter and wisecracking of the comments from the community at large, I would prefer that Dan or marmak respond with a definitive answer.

Thanks.

Just wanted to mention…If @marmak3261 responds, you still will not have the definitive answer. It’s a Pre-Release unit running on a separate version of the software that is not fully functional yet.

2 Likes

Well, the statement just begs for all kinds of wisecracking responses, now doest it… :sunglasses:
But I wouldn’t do that.

3 Likes

Thanks denmother @Jules and funnyguy @tbelhumer for your predictable responses. If @marmak3261 responds, I will have definitive answer for what exists currently. It’s a Pre-Release unit, but that functionality will likely not be removed. If @dan responds, I will have about as much information, because it is likely a hopper item that may/may not be pursued in development.

:kissing_heart: thank you for your predictable response to my predictable response. (In case you haven’t noticed I’m feeling a bit cheeky this evening) I think I may be done now…
And to be fair, I never would have injected a useless response to your inquiry had you ended without the condescending quoted statement. I’m affraid I may need to take a break from the forums…

3 Likes

Oh you’re quite welcome.

3 Likes

I have that on my todo list for tonight and will get to it, if I can understand it, along with some version of @karaelena’s test, but with some proofgrade and also @Hirudin’s ruler in acrylic.

4 Likes

Hey, I may have missed it if someone else has said this but… Remember it’s far more important for you to use the Glowforge at your own pace, for the things you enjoy. It’s great if you have the desire, time and energy to provide feedback, but we all know that the forum will be relentless. Given your vocation, being self first may not be in your nature.

8 Likes

Thanks. A few hours in the woods worked wonders. Just sat down and ate a nice hamburger with some dill pickles I had made last summer. Tomorrow is all real work till late, which will be a good break. My only thought is that it would be nice to have company, like Norm or some other folks. Will happen soon enough.

Oh, and I
Made some pies. That helps. Had some pumpkin pie filling left that I had mixed up and needed to get it out of the fridge before it started growing things. Roasted pumpkin and sweet potato. Might crust. On sale for 75¢ after T-Day.

11 Likes

ool, but that sounds delicious :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks even better, and as you are learning about me, smells the best! :nose:

14 Likes

Smelling what I’m cooking has always been one of my favorite parts of the process. I feel sad for all those who never learned to cook.

3 Likes

You know you want to ENGRAVE THEM!!!

11 Likes