Modular Paint Holder

That’s good to know; it would save me some annoyance.

Have you tried adding projection(cut=false) to the top of your file before rendering it?

For the projects where I rotated flat it is the only method of making sure everything is captured in the svg. However, I have to use a translate command to nudge it down the z-axis first or even that doesn’t work.

Using cut=false is also how I capture areas I’m going to engrave, like the channels in my sliding-lid-top box.

Love it. I have many, many bottles of paint and Elfa wall storage but hadn’t thought of lasering the two together.

1 Like

Sweet design! This will undoubtedly help keep your paints in color order. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this available to download and use or do i need to purchase the file?? its an awesome way for me to organize my gazillion paints :slight_smile:

Files you can download for personal use are in the Free Laser Designs category. If the file is for sale there will usually be a mention of it in the original post or they will place a link to their etsy, or other, store in their description (just click on their name.)

There are at least two paint rack designs in the Free Laser Design category:

And one for Sharpies

Once you have cutout and assembled a couple you will probably see the basic principle and how you can design your own. They are basically boxes with holes in them plus some method of racking or stacking them.

4 Likes