Original buyer benefits transferable if I give away or sell my Glowforge?

I always go with “hope for the best, prepare for the worst.” I hope to get my laser sometime in that May-June range, but am totally prepared to wait much longer.

4 Likes

If a festival was advertised as happening in May through August, I think it would be reasonable to expect that it will start IN May, not just at any point before August 31st.

4 Likes

GF boxes are big. So even if they’re doing x shipments at a time you’re only talking about a couple hundred or so per truck or shipping container. Not going to want to let those stack up on a loading dock.

Thanks Chad - that is correct. While we shared some of our production goals, the only “deadlines” - that is, dates you should use for purposes of planning your Glowforge delivery - are July and August.

We’re not planning to share our shipping numbers.

6 Likes

Does that mean Glowforge has officially abandoned your most-recent shipping announcement “will get their deliveries in May?”

I imagine and hope an excited recipient of the very first (or one of the first) final production Glowforges will share their experiences with us.

1 Like

Nobody should plan to get their Glowforge in May. I apologize for being confusing; I attempted to communicate that some people will, but I can see how the extra information obscured the key point, which was when you (and everyone else) should plan to receive yours. (Even those who are offered an earlier delivery can defer until later)

8 Likes

Will some people get an actual production machine in May? I.e. not a pre-release.

4 Likes

Thanks for trying to explain, but your explanation is confusing me (and @palmercr apparently). I have no idea what you’re dancing around saying “nobody should to get their GF in May” and then you say "I attempted to communication that some people will. I have 0 expectation of receiving my unit in May. I’d love to have mine and will absolutely accept it in May, but it’s not an expectation.

The question that seems to have been answered, and then un-answered is as @palmercr asked…

The answer really speaks volumes to the state of things. At least as far as I see it.

• Tom

I thought it was pretty clear. There will be people who get their unit in May. But a specific individual should plan for theirs to come in July. Any individual might get it in May but also might not so for planning purposes July is the (current) safe bet. (For pre-Oct 26 orders anyway.)

9 Likes

Missed a key word there – PLAN.

1 Like

Yes… I missed the word. Thanks for noticing. It doesn’t change my point/question/concern.

That’s what I would think, too. So what’s the point of the clarification? I still just want a crystal clear answer…

Will some people get an actual production machine in May? I.e. not a pre-release.

Yes.

@Dan said some people will get their units in May.

Since pre-release units are still Glowforge’s machines to be returned, his statement about people getting their units means production units.

Would love to hear that from @GlowforgeStaff though. Like pulling frickin’ teeth to get a simple yes/no answer to things here half the time. Heck, if it was yes to May to begin with that would have saved me 2 days of posts! :slight_smile:

That’s our current plan.

10 Likes

Exactly, thank you for clarifying.

9 Likes

I was asking if I could assume the place of someone that calls in and cancels and order for a pro. I did not know this forum existed until after the offer (price) changed. I like others have been patiently waiting and am looking forward to its arrival. But I really need a PRO to work on larger projects.

i’m pretty sure that’s been covered in other questions, and the answer was that they didn’t support anything like that.

You can upgrade your order to a Pro at any time, by simply sending an email to support@glowforge.com .

If you are asking if you can have the unit that someone else rejected, at the price they paid, or take their place in line, sadly the answer to both is no. These units aren’t built until we confirm acceptance to the “Do you want your Glowforge?” Shipping email.

Make sure you add the following email addresses to your email Contacts list so you get that email when it comes:

Hello@glowforge.com
Support@glowforge.com
Danshapiro@glowforge.com

Thanks @Jules - that is correct.