Original buyer benefits transferable if I give away or sell my Glowforge?

Yes.

@Dan said some people will get their units in May.

Since pre-release units are still Glowforge’s machines to be returned, his statement about people getting their units means production units.

Would love to hear that from @GlowforgeStaff though. Like pulling frickin’ teeth to get a simple yes/no answer to things here half the time. Heck, if it was yes to May to begin with that would have saved me 2 days of posts! :slight_smile:

That’s our current plan.

10 Likes

Exactly, thank you for clarifying.

9 Likes

I was asking if I could assume the place of someone that calls in and cancels and order for a pro. I did not know this forum existed until after the offer (price) changed. I like others have been patiently waiting and am looking forward to its arrival. But I really need a PRO to work on larger projects.

i’m pretty sure that’s been covered in other questions, and the answer was that they didn’t support anything like that.

You can upgrade your order to a Pro at any time, by simply sending an email to support@glowforge.com .

If you are asking if you can have the unit that someone else rejected, at the price they paid, or take their place in line, sadly the answer to both is no. These units aren’t built until we confirm acceptance to the “Do you want your Glowforge?” Shipping email.

Make sure you add the following email addresses to your email Contacts list so you get that email when it comes:

Hello@glowforge.com
Support@glowforge.com
Danshapiro@glowforge.com

Thanks @Jules - that is correct.