Pasghetti Measurator

In the Gift Of Good Measure thread, @cynd11 asked,

I’m glad she did, because a pasta spaghetti Pasghetti Measurator was something that I had wanted to make with the GF in early 2016, and had forgotten about.

I found the dimensions for the holes in a set of DIY tool plans for a very differently shaped version here and cut it from :proofgrade: maple hardwood.

Engrave Black, Score Blue, Cut Red. (if the imaginary words bother you, you can make the blue rectangle a cut-line too. Or ignore it.)

JBV_Pasghetti-Measurator

90 Likes

AWESOME!!! :squeeee:

2 Likes

You forgot the “don’t judge me” and university student portions. Though I don’t think the GF can make a hole that small.

Thanks!

21 Likes

Hey, thanks for that! I assume that a serving size is 2 ounces? I usually weigh mine, but I’ll have to check your measureater–it should be a lot faster.

4 Likes

Haha… Assume nothing! I haven’t tried it yet, just found a set of dimensions and designed it off of that. Might be having spaghetti for dinner tonight… For Science!

12 Likes

Hmmm… the “don’t judge me” size uses all four holes for one serving.
University student portions… this tool doesn’t work for ramen packets.

19 Likes

Oh cool! I never measure, just grab and go, and usually wind up with too much pasta for the sauce! :smile:

(Oh BTW…started watching Dirk Gently…you’re right, it’s quirky and appealing in a weird kind of way…I never was much of a Douglas Adams fan, but this one might make me go dig up the books…might have been too young to appreciate the humor the first time I tried to read them.)

6 Likes

I have got to start watching that…well, find a way to watch it. I love Douglas Adams stuff.

5 Likes

I tried streaming from the BBC site but just got the neverending spinny circle. . . Will have to try again.

2 Likes

Wait… so I’ve been doing it wrong?

38 Likes

I’m not sure that’s wrong, but it’s definitely…uh…different.

4 Likes

I always had difficulty breaking the spaghetti in half. That is a worthy option to consider!

6 Likes

Oh Boa! That’s a beauty! :smile:
(Say it aloud…sounds like a Texan.)

7 Likes

We’re a 1# box kind of family … but, this reminds me of one that hung in my Mom’s kitchen. Thank you for the file!

3 Likes

This is the first thing that came to mind XD

6 Likes

Guess what we’re having for dinner tonight? The three serving hole is 4+ servings according to the package, but matches what my family of three eats perfectly.

15 Likes

Ever since the youngest turned 9 we just go with “cook it all”. When he turns 16 it will probably be two boxes.

9 Likes

Perfect! Now do one for bowties!

2 Likes

Are these American sized portions, or regular portions?

1 Like

looks like American (over)sized according to @scatterbrains Pasghetti Measurator - #16 by scatterbrains

3 Likes