Succulent Coasters

Hi everyone, I wanted to share this coaster set I made.

Each coaster is a layer of :proofgrade: Medium Walnut with a layer of :proofgrade: Maple Veneer on top.

I originally tried raster engraving the design into a single layer of :proofgrade: Medium Maple, but found stacking the veneer onto walnut gave it a much more finished look.

On the bottom there’s a layer of adhesive felt which I cut on the GF using settings from this thread. The felt gives it a nicer feel when sliding the coasters on the table!

I made the design in Cuttle, an app I’m working on that combines vector editing with parametric design. (Let me know if you’d like to help beta test this!)

Update (Jul 14, 2021)

Cuttle is now open for sign ups! https://cuttle.xyz

I also recorded a video tutorial (16 min) where I walk through making this design in Cuttle.

89 Likes

I would like to help beta test this app!

2 Likes

The app looks really fun. Reminds me of my now defunct sketch app that I used to make mandalas. The coasters look awesome! Welcome to the community, great first post.

4 Likes

Lovely coasters!

3 Likes

That looks like fun! I would love to help test.

3 Likes

I’m in if you’ll have me. great concept!

3 Likes

OMG, I am in. That looks so cool. Parametric vectors my dream come true!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Welcome. You have burst onto the scene in an impressive way.

4 Likes

Nice work! Love the coasters! If there is room, I would love to beta test, too!!

3 Likes

Looking forward to using this!

2 Likes

Welcome! Your coasters look great. I like the double layers. The program looks like fun too!

2 Likes

They look great!!! I would definitely like to beta the app!!!

3 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

I’d love to help test this as well. Does it matter what computer we are using, or will it browser-based?

1 Like

These ae wonderful!

2 Likes

haha, I need this app

1 Like

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and positive feedback :smiley:

I’ll email / message directly everyone who’s reached out about beta testing (thank you!).

@kelley1 Yes, Cuttle is browser-based so it should work on any computer.

3 Likes

Great coasters,I’d love to test if given the opportunity.

1 Like

Coasters look fantastic!

I would also like to beta test your app.

That app looks cool! I’d like to beta test it too please :slight_smile: