This thread is for discussion of the Glowforge App for iOS we introduced in the April 2018 update.
We’ve been experimenting with this software release on the iPad Mini, iPad Pro, regular iPad, iPhone X, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3 or later. We’d love to hear if it does or doesn’t work on your device!
On that note, if you find a problem, please let us know what device you’re using. You can download the app here.
What to expect
- You can view and print all the existing designs on your dashboard.
- To refresh the dashboard, just pull down.
- Zoom in and out by pinching the area outside of your design.
- Select objects by drawing a loop around the objects you want to select; unselect by tapping anywhere outside the group.
- Use your own photos as artwork - just select an image from your photo library, or take a new one.
- Trace an image directly from within the app.
- Share an SVG or JPEG you’ve created in another iOS app directly to the Glowforge app.
- Saved designs are not supported. Each design will open as its original upload, even if it was updated in the web version. Changes will not be saved.
- Sharing PDFs to the Glowforge app is not available.
- Some manual settings for bitmaps aren’t available.
- If a design is not visible in your dashboard, try pulling down to force a refresh, or restarting the app.
Since this is a beta release, our support team can’t handle your questions yet, but please share your feedback and any problems you might find here. We’ll try to keep this updated with new information as it becomes available.
Thanks in advance for helping us make this app better!