Weekly Highlights for the Week Ending June 24th, 2017

Official Information:

July Announcement in June! (Wild!)

Does the Filter draw power from the Glowforge?

Does the Glowforge communicate directly with the filter?

Can you switch back and forth from filter to outside venting by removing the U bend and connecting the hose?

Can you use the filter on the same circuit as the Glowforge?

If I wanted to deep engrave with multiple passes, on each pass some material will be removed. Should I adjust the focus on subsequent passes or is it automatic?

What kind of Proofgrade woods are best for 3-D bas-relief engraving?

Can I leave my Glowforge to someone else in my will?

What email addresses should I whitelist to make sure I see the notification about my pending shipment from Glowforge?

hello@glowforge.com
support@glowforge.com

Forum Trivia:
June 18th - Happy Cakeday to @dan :dizzy::tada::fireworks::sparkles:
June 22nd - Happy Cakeday to @bailey & @neil :boom::sparkles::dizzy::dolls:

Here on the Discourse forum, your Cakeday is the anniversary of the day you joined the forum, and everyone gets alerted to the fact by a little slice of cake appearing next to your username in all your posts. So if you see one next to someone’s name, wish 'em a Happy Cakeday! (If you see a whole cake, it’s their birthday.)

Tutorials and Training

Did you know that there are tutorials to help you get familiar with the terminology and how to use the Glowforge interface now? Check out the Community Glowforge Tutorials: Table of Contents in the Glowforge Tips and Tricks section. The first link for Designing for the Laser has a lot of handy information to help you get started quickly. :slightly_smiling_face:

Note: We are now adding our own submissions from the Made on a Glowforge category here into the Weekly Highlights, which are being set up as a Wiki.Add your submissions to the current week Draft edition in the Everything Else Category.

Projects from the Peanut Gallery:

Add your projects below here:

1. Copy the link on your post. (Click the link icon at the bottom of your post and CTRL+C or CMD+C).
2. Click the pencil icon at the bottom of this post.
3. Scroll down in the left panel and paste your link in a blank space at the bottom. (CTRL+V)

/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/a/3/a3fec861063b2bad4b97c58ba03566b55d86806d_1_666x500.jpg

/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/9/3/93b812380fd1a6d96669dc458cd0dee02c0d37cf_1_666x500.jpg

/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/7/3/738d260830cc2930dab7f1d789e4d048f99fd1fd_1_666x500.jpg

27 Likes

As always, thanks for putting this together @Jules.

4 Likes

I get the feeling this one might be a little shy on content. ROFL! :wink:

2 Likes

Bumping this in case anyone would like to add their content from this past week before I de-Wikify it.
(Lots of projects this week gang - pop your links in here.) :wink:

1 Like

thanks for the reminder…

1 Like

Just added a bunch of links for people. Not sure if I got them all. I had a fairly light week.

Edit: I forgot to post my project!

4 Likes

That’s very kind of you! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Jules! :purple_heart:

Thank @joe this week! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Sir! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you, @joe :exclamation:

2 Likes

Thanks @joe and @jules!